Access to Services
Cestria Community Housing is committed to meeting the needs of its current and potential customers and ensuring everyone is able to access our services.
Free support is available to assist anyone with specific needs to access our services.
This support includes;
- Language Line (telephone interpreting)
- Other language interpreting (face to face)
- British Sign Language interpreters and Lip Speakers
- Audio version of documents
- Documents produced in large print and Braille
- Hearing Induction Loop Systems available at all offices and for home visits
- Same sex interviews upon request
- Customer Care Packs available at Head Office and The Cestria Hub
- Cestria is working towards all access to our premises to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act
- A range of contact methods are available including letter, fax, e mail and telephone
- Home visits are available where customers are unable to access our offices
- Help with filling in forms
- Welcoming calls through Typetalk Service
Following feedback from our tenants we have also introduced:
- Wheelchairs available from main access points
- Subtitle features on DVD’s
- Information provided upon request in large print, audio and Braille
- Enhanced features on our website including browse aloud and easy read documentation.
- Lip Speakers at key events
- An Events Toolkit to assist staff planning events in particular around religious holidays etc.
- A Website and Readers Group who help us ensure that the information we produce for our customers is easy to read and available for everybody to access.
- Plain English Training will be delivered during 2012 facilitated by the Plain English Society.
- Skype has also been introduced providing a satellite connection from the Cestria Hub to specialist Officer advice at our Head Office located at Bournmoor.
- We have also introduced a programme of Customer Care Visits to ensure that all of the information we collect from our tenants is current and up to date.
- Our Cestria Hub now has a range of seating available to enable customers with a mobility/disability to wait more comfortably.
- With our tenants we have designed an easy guide pictorial sheet to be handed out upon the completion and installation of a new heating system.
Should you require additional support please contact your nearest Customer Service Centre to discuss your needs
You can access our services through a variety on channels as follows;
Equality and Diversity