As pretty as the snow is, it sure makes for a cold winter and haven't we seen our fair share over the last few years! Keeping your home warm, drying your clothes and lighting the house when the nights creep in, can have a huge impact on your fuel bills.
Saving energy can not only reduce your fuel bills but can also reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn your thermostat down by 1 degree. This could cut your heating bill by 10% and typically saves around £55 per year.
- Close your curtains at dusk to stop heat escaping through the windows and check for draughts around windows and doors.
- Always turn off the lights when you leave the room - even if only for a few minutes!
- Don't leave appliances on standby and remember not to leave laptops and mobile phones on charge unnecessarily.
- If possible, fill up the washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher: one full load uses less energy than two half loads.
- Only boil as much water as you need (but remember to cover the elements if you're using an electric kettle).
- A dripping hot water tap wastes energy and in one week wastes enough hot water to fill half a bath, so make sure they're fully turned off!
- Use energy saving light bulbs. They save up to 10 times longer, and can usually save you around £40 over the lifetime of the bulb.
Free Home Energy Visits
Tadea is working in partnership with local organisations, to provide FREE Home Energy Visits, for residents of County Durham who are concerned about their energy usage.
The visits cover the following areas:
- Energy efficiency advice and how to cut energy costs
- Fuel tariff and supplier switching
- Help setting heating controls
- Referral for heating/insulation schemes
- Fuel debt support and accessing energy grants
- Referral for benefit checks
- Sign-posting to other financial services
To arrange an appointment, you can contact the Tadea team in the following ways:
Email: email@example.com or call on FREE phone 0800 124 4320
'Cestria Energy Angels'
With the rising costs of energy, it is becoming more difficult to heat our homes, and keep our bills affordable. By comparing energy suppliers, you can save up to £420 a year on your utility bills.
To do a comparison, all you need is a recent utility bill (your annual statement is best, but you can use any recent quarterly/ monthly bill), or have an idea of how much you put on your card/ key meters on a weekly basis, then click this link to compare: Energy Price Comparison
You can search for the cheapest option, fixed tariffs or the most ‘green’ tariff. Once you have found the best deal, just click on ‘Switch’ and Energy Angels will help you switch your suppliers to the best deal for you, and you will be on your way to cheaper bills.* (* if this was your preferred choice).
If you would rather speak to someone, you can call us on our dedicated line and speak to one of our expert advisors: 01902 585 503 (Opening hours: Mon-Thurs: 9am-6pm, Friday: 9am-4pm, Saturday: 9am-1pm, Sunday: Closed)
Alternatively, we can call you. Contact us on the below options, and we will get back to you:
For switching with Energy Angels, not only will you possibly be saving money, but you can also MAKE money! For every dual fuel that you switch online, you will get £15 in Love to Shop vouchers! If you have done the switch over the phone, then you will receive £5 back in Love to Shop Vouchers.
What more convincing do you need? Click the link, and get comparing and switching NOW!
For advice and information on how to save energy (and money) please see www.energysavingtrust.org.uk.