Skip to main content


Insuring the contents of your home

Cestria Community Housing Association insure the building including fixtures and fitting, however, it is your responsibility to insure the contents (furniture etc.) of your home. We do recognise the problems that tenants and leaseholders face in obtaining insurance and we have negotiated a value for money contents insurance scheme.

  • Have you ever thought what would happen if you had a burglary?
  • How would you replace your precious possessions?
  • What would happen if you had a fire in your kitchen?
  • Could you afford to re-equip it out of your own pocket?
  • What would you do if you were responsible for flooding your neighbour’s flat?

Cestria Community Housing Association has recognised the problems that tenants and leaseholders face in getting insurance and has therefore negotiated a contents insurance scheme with Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance PLC, one of the UK’s leading insurers.

Working with us, Royal & Sun Alliance has produced a home contents policy which is simple and value for money with premiums payable weekly, monthly or annually.

From as little as £0.77 a week (or £1.42 including accidental damage) you can give yourself peace of mind.

This is a voluntary scheme and you are of course free to make your own arrangements to insure the contents of your home.

How do I get more information about this scheme?

You can access more information by clicking on this link or should you wish to discuss in more detail please contact us.

Recent Video